Saturday, January 22, 2011

Organizing A Closet.....Or So I Thought

One would think this would be rather easy. And in some cases, it is. I have no problems on a daily, and sometimes hourly basis organizing the closets that the kiddos own. Both are neat, functional, well maintained. Between clothes, toys, books and shoes. Everything has its designated space, appropriately labeled bins, the works.

So why in the world is it so gosh darn hard to do my own room..........Simple really. I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! And let me tell you, the last 6 years living without one has been driving me bananas. Are clothes are folded neatly on the floor. Jason's shirts are hunt over the chair, on the floor, scrunched up somewhere in the corner of the room. I have let it go. But now, now I can no longer watch as things just get tossed around. The time has come....to get closets!

So I did the unthinkable. Me...Miss. I can organize anything, find space for it all, called Closets Etc. to come last week and do some measurements on our bedroom. I waited the appropriate 48 hours....she sent me a wonderful email with a a proposed closet and a price tag to match. All I could say was "I THINK NOT"

So I did something even better. I marched (well, more like drove and then walked) into Home Depot. I figured, you know....I am pretty handy, I can do this myself. I left thinking, yes....I can do this myself. But I have no idea really what to buy. I left thinking the blue prints I had were enough to get me through, WRONG.

So now, 2 weeks later, I am still no closer to getting closets for our room. I am not ready to give up quiet yet. But it sure would be nice to get a better idea of "Exactly" what I need to purchase so I can find out if this so-called "do it yourself" project is going to be cheaper in the long run.

And so we wait......

1 comment: