Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Best Friends Wedding

Today my best friend from Maine was blessed to find true love and married a very sweet and caring man. And I was able to be part of this blessed event too. Sara and I have known each other for over 25 years. We practically grew up in each others home only living less then 50 steps from her front door to mine. She of course was two years older then me, and that made her almost like GOD in my eyes. She knew everything. From boys to makeup. Was a whiz in school, and when she started driving before me, I thought she was amazing! I knew that I wasn't far behind in many of these things, but when your a little kid, two years is a HUGE DEAL! Of course, she wasn't always truthful in her findings of the world. But that is what makes our memories of our younger years so fun and exciting.

Anyways, my best friend AKA big sister was married before. To a guy I never really cared for. He was controlled and manipulative. She lost her spark and love for life and most of all, her beautiful smile. I missed the old Sara so much. I longed for her to come back to life and be happy again. Her two greatest joys in life during that time where her boys. Joshua (7) and Austin (4 almost). When she finally had cut ties from this guy through a divorce her life was chaotic and crazy for a long time. I knew she was worth being happy and loved by someone who truly cared for her. But it would take a little time for this to happen. When it did though, it was wonderful. She met Frank in February 2009 and her eyes were opened to a whole new world. She took things slow, but fell in love with him almost immediately. Frank, has a son of his own, Gabe (10). They wanted to take things slow for the boys. Not rushing into anything and allowing things to take its time. This allowed them to find where the relationship was going before getting the boys emotionally involved. Who knew that a year exactly to the date of their first meeting they would be blending together their love and their family!

There wedding was beautiful. She was beautiful. And most of all, her SMILE that was gone from her and the spark in her eyes, were once again beautiful! She has found someone who will truly make her happy. Something she has deserved all along.

To Sara and Frank, if you happen to read this, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be a part of your wonderful and beautiful evening. Your words to each other captured the hearts of everyone in the audience. I don't think their was a dry eye. I wish that we could see each other more often and we could get to know Gabe and you Frank more then we have in the past. But as I said, your more then welcome anytime at our home. We would love for you all to visit. Though its small, we always make room for FAMILY!!
And to my newest nephew. Uncle Jason and I love you very much. As much as we love Austin and Joshua. All of the kids are very excited to welcome a new cousin into our family. Hugs to you all, we miss you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment