Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bad Weather....Sick Kids

So today we were hoping to enjoy a peaceful day watching the snow from our bedroom window with the kiddos while watching movies and eating lots of junk food. But of course, that is not the case as always. Jason got called into work, and both of us are not happy. The weather is growing increasingly bad, and I am nervous about his drive home in a blizzard. Why in the world someone who actually lives NEAR THE OFFICE could be bothered to help Jason out and go themselves to fix the problem is beyond me. So right now, I am annoyed and angry that he has to drive the 20 minutes in the snow, fix the problem, and drive another 20 minutes home in what will potentially be blizzard like conditions by then. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

On top of that, all the kiddos are sick. Olivia has a nasty ear infection again and currently on an antibiotic. This is her second since Christmas. I am quiet surprised as she usually gets one a year at the most. Emma-James and Owen both have fevers, so I am almost positive its from an ear infection. And poor Ezme STILL has a bad chest cold/congestion that we can't seem to get rid of. I am at my wits end on what to do. She really didn't sound horrible yesterday when I took her in for a follow up with our Pediatrician, but her O2 stats again were between 94 and 96. I don't think that poor girl is ever going to see 100% again. Last night and today she is back to being very gunky and coughing all the time. Plus with the bad weather today, I am not able to run to see her at the office, so we will all have to wait until tomorrow. Should be a fun day! Especially since it was a long night of coughing, fevers, in and out of bed, wanting to be fed, held, or go to the bathroom. So I am sure that a good long nap is in our favor for all of us. If you get a moment, say a little prayer for healthy kids soon. Not to mention Jason and I. We all are really run down this week, and we all want to be better for Sunday! I am taking my Girl Scout troop to see Beauty and the Beast and I don't want to miss it! I promise to keep you posted on how are day goes. But from the quiet state my kids are in right now, I am thinking that's how its going to be all day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope all the kids (and the parents too!) feel better real soon. A lot of the kids at school were sick last week or the beginning of this week. I have a sore throat and have been using our snow day to get extra rest.

    ReplyDelete