Friday, February 12, 2010

ADVICE YOUR MOM (or anyone) NEVER TOLD YOU

As a mom of 5 kiddos, soon to be 6 (5 on earth) I have come across in my years of learning some very useful ways of parenting and getting through the everyday day by day living. I have even received some wonderful advice along the way of ideas that I might not have come up with myself. So as a small token of friendship to all of my friends who are becoming FIRST TIME PARENTS this spring, summer or early fall. I thought it would be a wonderful idea to put together a post of "MOTHER'S ADVICE YOUR MOM NEVER TOLD YOU". Maybe it was things you found out on your own, or through a good friend of yours. So please, give all the tidbits or words of wisdom you can. I think it would be a lot of fun to exchange ideas. And heck, I might even learn a thing or two. I will continue to add items to this post, as well as refreshing it every week so we can see what others have to say. So add please!

MOTHERS ADVICE YOUR MOM NEVER TOLD YOU!!!

* Always make sure to pack the diaper bag the night before
* Pack a spare (small) package of emergency diapers in the car along with emergency wipes TRUST ME you will find a reason to use them
* Bring a canister of warm water with you for mixing bottles (it will always be there, and you don't have to worry about the water supply or how to warm the bottle)
* The more babies you have, the more it hurts after labor. Those contractions to tighten your uterus back to size HURT LIKE HECK!!!!
* Never be afraid to wear your own clothes during labor. With the knowledge that they might have to be cut off in an emergency. Old clothes from home are way more comfortable then those gown's they make you wear.
* Never be afraid of saying "NO" Its your body, the nurses and doctors can't always be in charge. YOUR HAVING THE BABY!
* Pack the hospital bags early around 30 weeks. You never know when you will need it. It happened to me twice.

KEEP ADDING PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment