Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone! Sorry its a tad late in writing, but time seems to slip away when your visiting family.

It was really a wonderful day. The kids woke up at 7:30am and begging me to wake up and see that "Santa" had eaten all the cookies and drank the milk. And even more exciting was how cute Emma was to notice that the reindeer had eaten the apple she left him. She is completely in heaven with reindeer and her favorite movies as of now are "The Santa Claus 1, 2 and 3" We basically watched them the entire trip up here about a dozen times in the van. Thank heavens for DVD players!

Any-who, we had a wonderful breakfast cooked by my dad. Pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon. YUMMY. We patiently waited for the rest of the family to arrive. My sister and her family and my grandparents. But ended up having to call and tell them to come over. My kids were NOT waiting anymore. After breakfast, the big kiddos, Olivia, Emma, Tyson and Owen opened up their stockings. That managed to get a good 15 extra minutes for us adults to get cameras and videos ready. By then, the chaos had begun.

Jason was "SANTA" this year. His job was to pass out all the gifts to the adults and kids. We tried to make it be so each one of the little ones opened a present, we all oohed and ahhed it and then they would put it in their "pile" and someone else would open it. This of course lasted all about 3 presents and then bam, it was pretty much a free for all as paper went flying everywhere. The kids had a great time and so did the parents. Here is a few things each of the kiddos got this year:

Olivia:

*Nintendo DSi (Jay and I promised this to her if she was up to a good 2nd/3rd grade reading level. She is doing fantastic and so Santa brought it to her)
*2 DSi games
*2 new Barbie dolls
*A "Project Runway" fabric set. ITS HUGE
*A Liv doll (Sophia)
*A Nutcracker (She has been bugging me for one for years now)

Emma-James:

*A dragon dungeon
*A camera of her own
*Fancy Nancy
*Play-dough
*A little play laptop

Owen:

*Rocky the truck
*Chuck the truck
*matchbox cars
*Zoo railroad

Ezme:

*New outfits from Auntie Ryann and Nana
*mittens

Mommy aka Kiley

*A new pair of PJ's
*Hubby bought me a cute little jewelry ring
*My mom got me the best gift ever. She had a brick engraved with Anabelle's name and a little saying on it. It will be laid at Woman and Infants hospital. I am so very excited that after 5 years, she will have a little place to call hers. Because we never wanted to have a proper burial, I feel this just gives us a nice place to have others remember her without ever knowing who she was. Seeing her name and reading it will give me the best hug ever. I can't wait to see it!

Daddy aka Jason

*A fun Scrabble computer GO JASON GO beat my mom.

Christmas was so much fun this year. The kids even though they didn't get a lot, I made sure what they got was something that they would play with often, keep the mess at bay, and they would use it even as they got older. I would say all of my purchases this year, not to mention Santa and my family, it was definitely a success.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any pictures right now. I will try hard to post some soon. But with New Years right around the corner, my birthday and Anniversary as well as the kids birthdays, it might be hard to think about Christmas. Until then, I hope everyone had a wonderful and VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment