Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween this year was up in the air. We usually spend it with some friends in Lincoln but planned changed this year as they decided to hang out with some local friends from school.

I decided that it was a good year to kind of break our yearly tradition of going out trick-or-treating. The kids aren't big candy eaters and it being in the house would only give me the chance to gain 5 pounds by eating it all myself. I really didn't want that.

So all week long leading up to Halloween, including Halloween day. I told the kids we weren't going to go out. I wasn't really feeling the trick-or-treating this year. We really don't have a neighborhood to trick-or-treat in. Thankfully we were invited to some friends house in Smithfield to join them if we changed our minds.

At 6pm. After telling the kids since they game home from school that we weren't going. I decided at the last minute to find whatever I could for costumes, pack the kids up and head to Jason's old neighborhood. This was for a few reasons (more on this later) and I am so glad we did. The kids had a great time. We met some wonderful people who still remembered Jason growing up there. We were in and out and finished in less then 20 minutes. We pulled into our house at 8pm and the kids were settled and in bed by 8:30pm. Talk about a pretty easy no hassle evening. The kids each took turns knocking on doors and ringing bells. In the time we were their we were offered two cats, a dog and a turtle. As much as we would have loved the extra animals in our house, we graciously turned them down. I guess when you have 5 kiddos, people just think you need a few extra pets as well. :-)

I didn't get many photos but here are a few of the small kiddos all dressed up. Olivia was a Pumpkin princess, Emma-James was a dinosaur, Owen was a dragon, Ezme was a giraffe and Oliver was a Kangaroo. Total cost in costumes this year..............$0!!!!! Love it!!!

Ezme the Giraffe (2 years old)
 

Oliver the Kanagroo (14 months old)
 

For fun I also made these "MUMMY DOGS" for the kids for lunch. There just hotdogs wrapped in dough. They loved them!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment