Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family Closet

I want a family closet. You know, one LARGE organized, labeled put together closet where all of our clothes can hang out with each another. One large space that we can all go too for shirts and socks, pants and dresses. Where I can store all of the off season items together in one cohesive spot. This closet idea isn't anything new to me. I have been dreaming up this idea after having Owen. The the kids, including Jason and I, are in desperate need of new dressers. And frankly, I don't want to purchase another large set of something we have absolutely no room for. Lets face it, our house is too small, there are seven of us, and not enough room. I told hubby the best and most creative solution to this problem is to get a family closet made so I can put EVERYTHING in it. He agreed. But isn't keen on the fact we have no space for said closet. Grumbles. Currently, all the laundry gets piled on top of the washer and dryer. Where it gets folded, laid in organized piles. It makes sense to me. Kids get dressed downstairs. Our bathroom is downstairs. The washing machine and dryer is downstairs. Why shouldn't our clothes, socks, and under garments be downstairs as well. The only problem....how do I make this work for us.

I know one thing for sure. Next house we move into. I will be designed a space for said "FAMILY CLOSET"

No comments:

Post a Comment