Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Olivia's First Report Card

Olivia received her first report card today. I have to say, all-in-all I am happy. I was sort of hoping that she would sweep the board with all "4's" but after discussing with her teacher, she doesn't do all 4's. So, with that, I am happy knowing that she is adjusting well, doing fantastic and has managed to fit right into the second grade despite not being in school for the last two years.

Our next goal is to figure out if we can either move her up to the third grade, or at least move her to the third grade for reading, math and science. Her skill levels are far beyond the benchmarks for the 2nd grade. We (myself, Jason, the principal and her teacher) will be sitting down hopefully before the start of the New Year to discuss our options and to figure out the best course of action. I truly hate to pull her out of school just to keep her up with her age appropriate learning, but what am I to do. If she was a student with a learning disability she would surely get the help she would need. I find that holding her back is just as much of a disability. So fingers crossed.

It seems that all of my kiddos have passed some sort of mile stone these last two days. Ezme sleeping in her big girl bed, Oliver holding his bottle, Olivia doing outstanding in school, and Emma-James learning to write the letter "B". Hrm, Owen do I hear the chimes of potty training??

I love my kids and I am so proud of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment