Sunday, September 5, 2010

A WEEK OLD??

Wasn't I just posting this time last week about how nervous I was about the epidural and how scared I was of the needles, the birth and my recovery. Now the little man is a week old. WHY DOES IT GO BY SO FAST????? WHY?????? Isn't their a way to bottle up time and have it slow down. I just love it when they are this little and compact. They grow up so fast. The days just fly by and soon its weeks and months. Blah.

It really doesn't seem to be a week since he was born. Things have just flown by and already we have done so much. Trip to the Boston Aquarium. Visits with Jason's family. Errand running and even the important and traditional Target run when we first get home from the hospital. Crazy.

He is really a terrific baby. I mean, honestly, I couldn't have asked for more. He sleeps wonderfully. Eats every 4 hours on the dot. Loves to be changed, doesn't mind being naked, and even loves baths. He loves to cuddle too. Snuggling his head into my next and sucking on his fingers. Such a sweetie.

I have managed to put him on the same schedule that all of the kiddos have been on. It really works for us too. It doesn't interfere with the kids supper or bedtime routines and it works well with Olivia's school schedule. So I am happy about that. So right now, he is eating at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and 4am. I am not sure if that will change as the weeks go by. I am hoping he will stick to this schedule and in a months time he will drop the 4am feeding. He already wants too, but because of his slow weight gain and jaundice, I am reluctant to let him do that just yet.

At birth he weighed in at 8lbs 1oz. When he left the hospital he weighed in at 7lbs 14 oz. So we were pretty happy with his minimal weight loss. However, when I took him for a well-baby check up on Thursday 9/3. He came in at 7lbs 11oz. So he ended up loosing 3 oz. since leaving the hospital. He is a sluggish eater too. Only eating about 2 oz. every feeding. We would like to see at least 3 oz. But he ends up throwing up the extra ounce and sometimes more. Definitely not like the other kiddos. The girls, Olivia and Emma-James were eating almost 8 ounce bottles by 3 weeks old and both of them needed solids by 8 weeks. Owen and Ezme were good eaters and didn't need the extra calories from solid foods. But they did drink a good amount of formula at an early age. So having a stinker baby who isn't into bulking up so soon is kind of odd. But like they say, no two kiddos are alike.

Here are a few pictures my hubby managed to take during the first few days of his arrival. Enjoy.

Minutes old. Baby Oliver. The scale says 8lbs 1.4oz.
 

Mommy finally able to hold her little peanut. I was admiring his double chin
 

Mommy and Oliver enjoying some quiet time at the hospital
 

Oliver enjoying some snooze time in the pram. Get in now little boy. You have a world of LOUDNESS awaiting you at home
 

No comments:

Post a Comment