Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cough, Cough....Sniffle, Sniffle

That seems to be the going thing around our house these days. The phlemy cough that doesn't seem to be much of an issue during the day, until you lay your head down to go to sleep. And BAM! It comes out of no where and drive you to the point of madness.

It has finally cycled through the house. Starting with Olivia a few weeks ago, then myself, now the three little ones. They are all doing great during the day, but come the evening, its pretty much a cough, puke fest. The kids cough so hard, they end up throwing up all the thick mucus (I know, TMI, but hey, I have kiddos, nothing is always sunshine and roses *smiles*) which is a good thing, because they are getting it out of their chests. But it still doesn't make my mommy heart feel better. Poor Ezme is the worse, I think she has gotten all of 3 hours of sleep in the last week. But the good news, is we went to see our terrific Dr. today and on top of the nasty cough, she has a bad ear infection. Tis the season. And this year, its a bad one!!

We haven't really done much at all since our weekend away for Olivia's Birthday. With the nasty weather, cancellations, school days off. We really haven't been up to leaving the house.

I will say this though, I much rather do the yucky coughing, then having kiddos sick with the stomach flu. Because man, that is even worse. Especially when you have one bathroom! So far, knock on wood, it hasn't come to this house. And frankly, I hope it doesn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment