Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Big Girl Bed Day 2

Nap went fantastically yesterday. She must have been either super tired, or super excited. Either way, it worked out for me! Both kiddos slept from 11:30 until 3pm when I finally woke them up. I had to run a bunch of errands and I didn't want to be out past their bedtimes.

Bedtime though was a big more rough. She did great when we got home. Pajamas and a story were the first on our agenda. She crawled right into bed and fell asleep within a few minutes around 6:30pm. Sadly though, about an hour later something woke her up. I think it was the big truck that came barreling down our street like a crazy person. Argh, I hate that they drive like crazy people up and down this street. But that is for another day. Anyways, to get back on track. When she woke up, she pretty much decided that sleeping in her bed was for the birds. I would walk in, give her hugs, cover her up, and then leave the room. She would immediately follow. I finally decided to shut the door tight, and see how she did. Within a few minutes, she had crawled back in bed, covered herself up and fell back asleep. Around 12:30am she had woken up from a nightmare and wiggled herself back to the door. I think she was still half asleep, because when I went to retrieve her to put her back in her bed, she had fallen asleep before I even left the room. So I would say that last night was a pretty good success for her. Day 2 and 3 are always the hardest. So I am expecting another rough night. Hopefully by tomorrow she will be all settled in and before the kids get back this weekend she will be an old pro. Let's just hope that is the case. Pictures to come later of the bedding I made for her. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment