Saturday, July 17, 2010

Potty Training Day 1

The adventure begins with my final straw this morning with his coy little grin saying to me "Mommy, I pooped." I pretty much decided then that it was time. So off came the pull-ups and onto the big boy pants.

So far he has used the potty (per my request and reminder) about six times. He managed to stay completely dry all morning and even went out with us to run errands at Home Depot and BJ's before having an accident just before we came home. Pretty good for 6 hours out of the house!! I am hoping for a good day tomorrow as we will be home all day and errand running will be scarce. Though I can't say I am looking forward to now having to bring a newly potty trained little one to the potty about 100 times when we are out and about. Sometimes bringing four kiddos to the bathroom can be a bit much.

And I know what some of you are thinking "just stay home". Well sadly, I can't do that. Life is too busy to be around the house. Errands are always to be run no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Oh well. Its the fun price I pay for mommy-hood. And heck, lets face it. I love it too much!! Can't wait to see what day 2 holds.

Accidents: 2

Successes: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment