Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Accomplishments

Call it what you will. Most of you will say "NESTING" however, this time around I say its MOTIVATION!!! You know, that time just before baby arrives everything has to be picture perfect. The house scrubbed, the laundry done and folded. That paint job you keep meaning to get around to doing, but never do. You know, the everyday things!

I whole heartily would 100% agree with you if it was any of my other kiddos. I had this obsession about having the house completely perfect. Everything needed to have order amongst what can easily turn into chaos. The laundry had to always be done, folded and put away. The dishes always had to be done every night. I went through toys, clothes, and baskets of items to either give away, keep, or throw. I would even go so far as washing the curtains, the rugs, the bedding every other day. I had this need to be ready and on point. Diaper bag packed, hospital bag packed, you name it, I was ready, willing and able to go at a moments notice.

However, this time around. I just haven't had the "Get Up and Go" motivation I have needed. With a busy year of schooling Olivia, just having Ezme and Girl Scouts, I really haven't had much time to think about adding a new little to the family. I have felt extremely bad. HORRIBLE even. This little guy deserves just as much as the others did. And I just didn't have it in me.

Well, I finally have found some motivation (and good weather) to get some much needed things done around the house. I went and purchased a few items that we needed for baby. Bottles, pacies, a few outfits. I am in the process of cleaning out the diaper bag and will have that packed by tonight. His clothes will come upstairs sometime within the week/weekend. Blankets, and toys are already out since Ezme still plays with a lot of them. The pack-n-play that goes next to my bed will be cleaned, washed and put together again and back in my room by the end of the weekend. The car is cleaned, just needs a good vacuum through it. Car seat will come up this weekend as well and get a good scrub through.

It's just now odds and ends. We would like to try to get a new fence up soon, and clean the yard (its so overgrown right now it looks like a JUNGLE in our backyard). I still have some things to do upstairs in the bedrooms. One being possibly getting a professional carpet cleaning company in here to get the carpets cleaned. I have done my best doing them on my own. But I think they are in dire need of some TLC. They aren't horrible, but the stairs. Well. THEY ARE!! Plus I have a few things to paint upstairs. Thankfully though, a lot of it is already done.

The next few weeks will be busy with Girl Scout planning, school planning, getting the girls ready for camp and soccer. It's busy busy as always. I think once this weekend passes, I will feel a lot better about all that I have accomplished and wont feel so stressed that a lot of it isn't finished. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment