Saturday, July 17, 2010

How to Make It a Reality?

So, if anyone who reads this blog. And I don't know who you are. I could use your help and prayers. As many of you may or may not know, we have been (or should I say, I have been) looking for a new home for quit some time. Despite how Jason feels about the idea of "moving" right now. I know that in my heart, its really the best time. You know, that gut feeling you get when you just know that you should do something. Well, I have had that gut feeling for some time. Only, its getting stronger, as the days goes on.

Our house is small. Its lovely, and wonderful, and everything I love about a house. But lets face it folks, if you have visited my home, or have had the pleasure of spending a good chuck of time spend here. You will say under your breath: ITS TOO SMALL!! Too small for visitors, too small for a (soon) to be family of 7. To small for Girl Scouts twice a week, for birthday parties, or celebrations. Home-schooling and heck, even breathing sometimes.

So how do I make selling my home and purchasing a big one a reality? How do I get my husband to feel as on board with the idea as I am. How do I get him to see that waiting for "the right time" is RIGHT NOW and not years from now? How?? I have prayed, contemplated, tried over and over again to make our house work. Begged, pleaded, dropped the idea. I am just feeling that *PUSH* from someone bigger then me. And I can't seem to find a way to make the hubby feel the same.

So help me faithful blog readers. Give me ideas. Give me direction. Give me places to call, people to contact. You name it, I am up for the challenge. I am ready, willing and able.

Here is just a sneak peak of a home that I really am interested in pursuing. Its got everything we wanted. Bedrooms, bathrooms, space for office. 5 working fireplaces, large lot for kids to play in. Close to Jay's job. So close he could walk or bike it during nice weather. Great schools. It's a "AS IS" home, but from what I could tell, its had a lot of work done into it. Right now its under a "SHORT SALE" contract. I am hoping that maybe we would be lucky to offer it lower then the asking. The biggest problem is this: If we don't sell our house for at least 180,000-190,000 we wont have a down payment that we need. SO HELP ME MAKE THIS A REALITY!!!

Home in Lincoln, RI
 

5 comments:

  1. Have you talked to a Realtor to find out how much your current home would most likely sell for? Our Realtor says the best time to sell a house is before school starts up again, so that's something to think about. If you end up putting your house on the market you want to make it feel/seem as spacious as possible, which may mean putting some stuff in temporary storage with friends or at a storage facility. Also, I had friends that had to short sale their house and the buyers got a great day, so maybe you can too! Not sure if any of that was helpful, but I will pray that everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we talked with a realitor. The price pretty much is so far below what we paid and put onto the house that anyone who bought it would be stealing it from us. We have a price point that the house MUST sell for in order for us to pay off the current mortgage and have enough for A down payment.

    As far as making the house look bigger. Well bedroom furniture would have to stay. Otherwise kids would have to sleep on the floor. Other then that we could put some pieces in storage if we had to downsize. And I too was thinking a short sale home might give us a better deal. But it's convincing the hubby.

    Wish I could get the luck you and Jim had.

    Thanks Hun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could be wrong, but I think a short sale hurts your ability to buy another house for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I have read it's only if your Selling. Since we are just purchasing the home (if we get that lucky) then it doesn't affect us. However in a short sale the time from signing the agreement to actually getting the home can be extreme wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes buying a short sale gets you a good deal, but it can take a bit of time. I thought you meant short selling your current house...I just couldn't make sense of that. :)

    ReplyDelete