Monday, June 28, 2010

Feeling Stuck

Today, today sucks. Plain and simple. I am having a horrible, no good, very bad morning/afternoon and I am almost positive the evening. Is the weather contributing to my foul mood? Who knows. But today, today I woke up in a semi good mood and now, now I am just angry.

I am not angry at anyone or anything in particular. Just angry at my house. Angry at how small it is. Angry that in all essence of the word, I am feeling STUCK!! This feeling is consuming me at every moment of every day it seems. I try, and lord knows I have tried to make this house work for us. Moving furniture, painting rooms, organizing toy closets and clothes dresses and kitchen items. Moving our "semi" office area from the kitchen back to the dining room. You know, the little things. But in the end, this "moving" and "rearranging" and "organizing" DOES NOT in anyway give me more space. I have done everything possible with a small budget and a small house and just can't seem to find the energy anymore to do so. Don't get me wrong, I love my house. I love what we have created living in this home. Bringing our little ones to this house, making it a home for them to enjoy.

But now, now folks its come to a realization that it just can't continue like this. My house has finally outgrown our family. The kiddos are now almost sleeping on top of each other, and short of giving up our master bedroom for everyone, we are pretty much in a state of "SURVIVAL MODE". I spend so much of my days yelling at the kids to "PICK UP". I don't want to do this anymore. I want them to have a place to call their own that they can play until their hearts desire. Let their creative juices run free instead of me saying "pick up that mess, stop getting that out, don't touch. Seriously, it gets rather old for me to say it, and I am sure the kiddos hate it even more.

When we go to my parents house, my husband even says, "Man, we haven't had to speak to the kids at all while being here." REALLY, NO KIDDING. Do you know why that is dear husband. Its because they have the entire cellar to play, enjoy, make creative messes and they are not in the way of others. The entire house stays clean while just one room is a mess. UGH I WANT THAT!!!

So I am on a mission you could say. At the moment, it looks like a one woman mission as I have no backings of my husband. I am on a mission to sell my home, for a good price, buy a new home, and live happily ever after. Now, anyone in this economy knows. THIS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN YOU CRAZY PERSON. But you know what, Rome wasn't built in a day. And I have faith. So, if you are reading this, and would love to buy a wonderful 2 story home. With two bedrooms, 1 bathroom. Completely remodeled and upgraded with a wonderful waterfall pond in the backyard to enjoy. Then come on down.

I plan on posting about this adventure as much as possible! So stay tuned. Pictures of home will go up as I continue to get this crazy place cleaned, organized and in better shape then it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment