Friday, April 16, 2010

Portland, Maine and New Addition

We dropped our girls off in Portland this afternoon to visit my parents and my sister for the week of school vacation. They were really excited to go, though I worried about Emma-James being away from both Jason and I for entire week and how that would go. Surprisingly though, she woke up this morning ready and eager to leave. Not wanting to leave for school in the slightest, she had her bags packed and ready to head out the door. It took some coaxing to finally get her to go to school, but we managed. Jason kept promising her that we were leaving as soon as she got out of school. Of course, wouldn't you know it, the minute Jason picked her up, she screamed at the top of her lungs, "ARE WE LEAVING FOR MAINE NOW." "I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER." She is so funny.

Sadly, we didn't get out of the house until almost 1pm. Jason was stuck doing last minute fire problems at work. So we waited as patiently as a seven and four year old would. And let me tell you, when it comes to Nana and Papa, all bets are off for patience.

We finally were on the road a little after 1:30pm. We managed to hit a bit of traffic in Boston, but was smooth sailing after that. My parents end up having to wait for us for a few hours because of our delay. Thankfully my mom is able to keep herself busy with some shopping. We finally arrived at 4:30pm. With a quick switch of the car seats, hugs and kisses good-bye. The girls were off for another 3 hour car drive until they reached my parents house in Millinocket. We stopped at the rest area in Kennabuckport and grabbed a bite to eat before finishing our journey back home.

We arrived a little after 8pm. I checked my email to see that the lady I had been corresponding with regarding a little kitten had emailed me back saying we could pick her up that evening. I asked Jason if he minded traveling into Warwick so late at night and he said no. So off he went.

It really was the perfect timing too. Owen and Ezme were sleeping. So she had the run of the house to get use to everything. And the entire week to become comfortable enough before the girls came back home. So without further anticipation here is our sweet addition to our family. Her original name was Patches Grace, but we have decided to just call her Grace. She is a 13 week old calico kitten who is just the sweetest little one. Her demeanor and ways about her are so much like Moose it really is scary.

Grace
 


Ezme and her new little furry friend Grace (she either sleeps with us or with the baby) Ezme 7 1/2 months
 


Which reminds me of this picture (Emma-James and Moose) Emma-James 4 1/2 months
 


It really brings tears to my eyes to see her (Grace) so well adjusted to the family. Especially interacting and loving the kiddos just as much as Moose did. I am so happy to have her here with us, to hopefully stay for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment