Sunday, April 25, 2010

No More Fish

I decided that since the girls were gone to Maine for a good week + this was the perfect time to re due Owen's room to his wishes. When we moved into this house almost 5 years ago, Olivia's request was to have me paint her room "Blue" and have fish all over the walls. She was 100% into NEMO back then. (and I think this has a little to do with the fact that she watched it a lot with Anabelle before she died, so it holds a special connection to her in this way.) So I worked hard on painting her room and putting a fish mural on all the walls. It was really heartbreaking to see them go, but it was time. With Owen sharing a room with not only Ezme but the newest little man to enter our lives the end of the summer. I thought a fresh and new makeover was long overdue. I managed to score some OOPS paint from Home Depot for 5 bucks for a gallon. Jason wasn't completely sold on the color, but in the end, it came out fantastically. I am still slowly working on the mural but hope to get the pictures up within the next week or two. It really looks fantastic if I do say so myself. Owen is in love and even the girls are excited to see it when they come home. Here are a few pictures of the fish on the walls before I started the new paint job.

The Shark Olivia insisted on so many moons ago. She named him "Steve"
 


The little Nemo fish that went all around the room. Lets just say, this took me FOREVER.
 


The really cute fish my sister painted on the wall for the kiddos.
 


A hint of the new wall color! It has no name, but the color is between a light Olive green and puke green. Jason and I hated it at first, but it came out so pretty after it was all said and done. And the mural we have put on the wall really compliments it so much.
 


The walls are finished with the color, and most of the mural has been sketched out and painted. I only have a few more things left to do as well as Jason putting the new closet door on. So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment