Friday, May 6, 2011

House Painting

We have been in this house coming up on 6 years now!! The first thing I wanted to do when we moved here was paint the ugly green color on the house. I hated it. It was tiring and old. Soon I found out that the house hadn't been painted in more then 15 years. I know this because our neighbor had said that it was the same color green when she moved down the street in the early 90's. Needless to say, its high time for an update. Not to mention, because we have no front yard, there is not much curb appeal. Our house blends in with the rest of the houses on the street and I wanted something with a little more color. So far, I love the color. I think it will look great from the Main Street and will definitely give our front yard a little more Pizazz then it has now.

The color I chose is a red wine color. Only looks bright in the picture because of the flash.
 


The side of our house! I finally finished this part off. Its not been my favorite of the yard, but doesn't it look pretty. This picture shows you better what the color really looks like.
 


The front and driveway part of the house.
 


My original idea was to paint the front door this color and then everything else black. But now I am thinking of painting the shutters the red color, the trim the red color and the door back. Ideas of course are all welcome. I am hoping to get back to painting again the following weekend with the hopes of finishing it up by Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment