Thursday, March 14, 2013

They Accepted my Counter!!

I am thankful to report that the buyer on our house has accepted my counter offer. I mentioned in a post earlier this week that the buyer wanted all my major appliances including the washer and dryer. I just couldn't leave them. We lost everything in the house. That loosing the appliances were pretty much not going to happen.

After much discussion and back and forth, I countered back and decided that she could have the fridge, dishwasher and the gas stove. IT KILLS ME!! I hate that we are leaving that behind. I got such a good price on it 4 years ago, it sort of feels like I am leaving a family member behind.

Though I keep reminding myself that I got the most important pieces that were pretty much a deal breaker for me. My double oven, my microwave and my washer/dryer. Hopefully the house we end up buying wont have gas service running to the house. This will make leaving our gas stove top behind so much easier. Though it is killing Jason as he really loved cooking on it.

So there you go. House has a buyer. Bank acceptance is next and that can take anywhere between 60-90 days. Which will give us plenty of time (hopefully) to pack up the house. Finish out the school year and look for a new home to move into.

Until then...we wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment