Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bucket List

A great Christian website I started reading back when I was pregnant for Olivia has a tread going that was titled What is on your Bucket List"  For those of you who might be unfamiliar with the term. It basically is a list of things you want to accomplish before you die. Though it might sound a bit morbid to talk about such a "list" I think its a great way to organize things you want to do in your life. Mini accomplishments so to speak. They can be as simple as learning how to knit. To bigger items like jumping out of a plane or backpacking across Europe.

I thought this was a fun experiment to find the things that are important to me. And see what I can accomplish. So what is on your "Bucket List"

In No Particular Order

1. Own my own Daycare/Nursery school
2. Visit New York City and watch a live taping of "THE PEOPLE"S COURT"
3. Visit Copenhagen
4. Travel to all 48 states (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) with the kids in a Winnebago
5. Visit Hawaii
6. See a active volcano up close
8. Start a website for bullying and prevent bullying in schools across the nation
9. Lose 60 pounds
10. Have a sustainable fruit and vegetable garden that will supply our family with fresh produce year around  
11. Find my first pen-pal from the 5th grade. Lori Huddleston (pretty good I remember her name)
12. Write my children's book and have it published
13. Live in a turn of the century colonial home
14. Own chickens
15. go on a HONEYMOON with my husband (never been on one)
16. take a family vacation to Florida and Disney World for 2 weeks
17. Pet a moose
19.Finish College (there are a few things I would love to do, but I am unsure if they are the right fit or people would think I was nuts)
20. Have a working compost pile (we throw out so much I feel)
21. rewrite any wrongs and say "sorry" to anyone I might have heart intentionally or unintentionally ( if your one of them. please let me know)
22. Join a jazz dance group
23. Join a gym for a year
24. Read a new book once a month for a full year
25. Finally get my Tatoo I have been dreaming about for the last 8 years!! Time to suck it up 

No comments:

Post a Comment