Monday, July 25, 2011

Has It Been....?

A week since I last posted. We just got back from Maine with my family. Bitter sweet really. My sister leaves next week to fly back to Korea for another year. Totally sucks. But at least it was a good visit. The kids had a blast playing together. I hated to have the week come to an end. I was sad that our two week week trip turned into a 6 day adventure. Blah. I will post pictures later on our trip up there though. I got a lot of nice photos too!!

On another note, we have been home exactly 24 hours. Already the house looks like we have been home for 2 weeks. I have at least 2 loads of laundry to do. Dishes are piled up in the sink, mess on the floor EVERYWHERE. Yup, its already a disaster. However, I have been to excited to really care about the current status of my home, because today I started "KILEY'S HOME MAKEOVER" YOUR CRAZY EDITION!!

I decided that it was time to just get our house *FINISHED* so to speak. Its clear we wont be leaving in the next 3-5 years, (of course I hope for sooner everyday) so if I have to stay here, I want to enjoy it. And painting costs me nothing!! So for the next 5 weeks I will be painting woodwork, the kids beds, dressers, the closet shelves. Going over walls, trim, spots here and there that need a touch up. Everything I have just left alone for the last year, or all together for the past 6. Its time. Some of the wood in our house was never finished so its getting dirty and ruined. Especially the kids beds and book shelve. Something that is used ALL THE TIME!

I am also doing some work outside too. Painting our shed, the trim on the house. Little things to just add a *NEW* life too it. From what I have gathered from my neighbors, our house has been the same color for the last 20 years or more. Time for a new do don't you think? I am also in the process of building a patio in our backyard as well as some raised planters. Should be interesting to say the least. Jason and I are hoping to accomplish this adventure this weekend. We shall see how it goes.

My list is long, VERY LONG! But I am happy to know by September things will be done. All the little things that have been bugging me. Making curtains for the bathroom, or fixing curtain rods upstairs. The biggest thing will still be the cellar and I am thinking that is a project better saved for next year. I have no motivation for that thing. And I am thinking the only way I will is if we have help. And help isn't cheap.

The painting this week and next week will take a good chuck of the day. Plus the things I want to build over the next few weekends will keep me busy as well. Lets not forget too that I have a CRAFT SHOW coming up the end of September and I need to get a move on with that as well. Busy as always, but I am looking forward to the end results. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment